Domenick Anthony Cama Law, P.A.

Crafting Strategies To Protect Your Future

Providing Answers When You Have Immigration Law Questions

It is easy to feel overwhelmed by the bureaucracy, legal terminology and acronyms of the American immigration system. However, you should not let this dissuade you from chasing your dream of residing in the United States permanently. When you have questions about the law, you need an attorney.

At my law firm, Domenick Anthony Cama, P.A., I offer passionate and skilled representation in immigration law. On this page, I have answered a few of the inquiries that my clients often ask me. I hope that they give you a start toward understanding the immigration law process.

How do I come to the U.S. for work?

Workers have two options when it comes to working in the country:

  1. Temporary (nonimmigrant) employment visas: Your employer can sponsor you for a temporary visa that allows you to reside in the U.S. for a limited period.
  2. Permanent employment visas: If you have a job offer in the U.S., or have an extraordinary ability, an advanced degree, a specialized profession or intend to invest in U.S. businesses, you may petition for permanent residency based on employment.

The visas for which you qualify depend on your employment situation. Speak with a lawyer to determine which petition to file.

Can I bring my family members in other countries to the United States?

If you are a lawful permanent resident – meaning you have a green card – then you can sponsor relatives for immigration to the U.S. These relatives include your spouse, children, parents and siblings. Keep in mind, though, that you must have your green card to do this.

What should I do if I am facing removal?

Do not panic. Do not try to flee to another town or state. Do not provide false information to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Instead, contact an immigration lawyer immediately. I can help you file for asylum, defend you at your hearing or take other steps that could prevent your deportation.

Do I need an immigration attorney?

Immigration laws in the U.S. are so complex and change so quickly that it is very difficult to handle affairs on your own. With a lawyer to represent you, you will have someone to explain the law to you, help you understand your options and file the paperwork on your behalf. Attorneys can also help the process go much faster, as they understand exactly where, when and how to file which documents.

Get More Answers To Your Inquiries About Immigration

These answers provide only a brief overview of a few basic questions about immigration law. For more answers and for advice related to your personal circumstances, reach out to me at Domenick Anthony Cama, P.A. To contact me, call my Miami office at 305-894-9758 or send me an email. Hablamos español.